In addressing a crisis, innovation is a powerful tool
COVID-19 represents one of the most serious and urgent challenges of our time. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic Advancing Innovation in Dermatology (AID) launched a virtual forum, the COVID-19 Incubator. The Incubator was designed to characterize problems worth solving related to the pandemic, facilitate ideation, and build solutions.
As dermatologists shift to telemedicine to deliver care during the COVID pandemic, many have been frustrated by the inferior quality of physical exam and limited patient-provider connection allowed by available virtual platforms. We aim to improve the provider’s ability to digitally evaluate the patient while maintaining the human connection that defines our role as physicians.
- Garrett Coman, MD, MS; Chief Resident, Department of Dermatology, University of Utah
- Stephanie Klein, MD, FAAD; Associate Professor, Department of Dermatology, University of Utah
Waiting rooms have always been awful, but in the era of COVID-19 they threaten social distance and create anxiety that can deter patients from seeking care. With Ulivity, we envision a smart and virtual waiting room that keep patients safe and clinics operating more efficiently.
- James Allred, MD, FAAD; Dermatologist, Graves-Gilbert Clinic
- Andy Sklawer, MBA; Co-Founder & Chief Operating Officer, Brickell Biotech, Inc.
- Jason Walkow, Founder & Engineer; JayScott Systems
- James Allred, MD, FAAD; Dermatologist, Graves-Gilbert Clinic; Chief Clinical Adviser, RXThat
- Jamie Breslin, PhD; Director Operations & Partnerships, Advancing Innovation in Dermatology
- William Ju, MD, FAAD; President & Founding Trustee, Advancing Innovation in Dermatology
- Brandon Kirsch, MD, FAAD, President & Chief Executive Officer, ClearifiRx
- Justin Ko, MD, MBA, FAAD; Director & Chief of Medical Dermatology, Stanford Health Care; Clinical Associate Professor, Stanford University
- Ivy Lee, MD, FAAD; Dermatologist, Pasadena Premier Dermatology
- Adam Lipworth, MD, FAAD; Chairman Dermatology Division, Lahey Hospital & Medical Center; Assistant Professor, Harvard Medical School
- Clark Otley, MD, FAAD, Chief Medical Officer of Mayo Clinic Platform, Mayo Clinic
June 10, 2020
COVID-19 through the eyes of residents, fellows volunteering on NYC’s frontlines
May 18, 2020
Dermatologist turns sterilized wraps into face masks with high filter efficiency
May 14, 2020
‘COVID-toes,’ tracking dermatological symptoms of COVID-19