1. The AID Scholars Class offers a unique opportunity to support early-career researchers and clinicians interested in product and service innovation in dermatology. Each element of the Scholars Class is designed to train, inspire, and connect the next generation of dermatology innovators. To this end, all Scholars participate in the Virtual Magic Wand℠ (VMW) Program. The VMW Program offers a 10-month instructive and interactive curriculum, culminating in a white paper submission that thoroughly describes a specific clinical problem or critical barrier to progress in the field of dermatology. It is a direct offshoot of the Magic Wand℠ Initiative founded by the Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH) Department of Dermatology to empower clinical faculty to engage in problem-driven research and innovation.
2. The AID Externship Program is designed to facilitate unique educational experiences by enabling firsthand participation at dermatology-focused companies. The Externship Program provides interested individuals a means to explore a variety of opportunities in product and services development in addition to traditional clinic and academic careers. The scope and length of the externship is based on the objectives of the participating organization and extern.
3. The AID Signature Speaker Series provides a virtual platform for hosting presentations from established and emerging entrepreneurs. The series is designed to demonstrate entrepreneurship in action and provides an interactive global forum for discussion and exploration of the many aspects of dermatology-focused entrepreneurship.
4. The AID Ecosystem is intended to foster the development of a collaborative infrastructure of individuals, institutions, and organizations with a shared vision for supporting innovators and problem-centric entrepreneurship in the field of dermatology.
5. Through Thought Leadership, the AID Education Committee is dedicated to supporting broader innovation activity by contributing to theory and practice. This includes the publication of articles in the dermatology literature to generate greater awareness, discussion, and models for action.
Advancing Innovation in Dermatology Inc. is a nonprofit, tax-exempt charitable organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. | Donations are tax-deductible as allowed by law.